BROWSE THROUGH SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I record my screen using Moodle with TechSmithrelay (Camtesia)?
York University Faculty teaching a course with Moodle get access to the free TechSmithrelay (Camtesia) screen recorder.
- Request moodle: moodle.info.yorku.ca/instructor_resources
- Request TechsmithRelay (tie to a course and include a screen recorder feature)
- Upload screen recording: computing.yorku.ca
- Then navigate to computing faculty and staff > teaching and research > lecture recording at York > techsmithrelay
How do I record my screen on my Mac?
Use Quicktime player, a software includes with iOS.
- To learn how to play, record, edit and share your movies: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201066
How do I record my screen with Microsoft OS?
You can use the xBox live video capture screen recorder in Microsoft Windows
- To record a video using XBox live: https://support.xbox.com/ms-MY/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10
How do I record my computer screen?
Loom is a free screen recording software that can be installed on both Mac and Windows computers.
- Install Loom: https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/install-loom
- Record your screen using the google chrome extension: https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/how-do-i-start-a-recording-with-the-chrome-extension
- Share the videos you record: https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/how-do-i-share-the-videos-ive-recorded
- View the videos you record. The Loom interface allows you to create and organize folders to store and view your videos at a later time. https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/folders
How do I record my Android smartphone screen?
DU Recorder is a screen recording App for Android devices.
- Download DU Recorder.
- Watch the tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdHLA3f6c3M
How do I record my iPhone screen?
Screen recording is build in to iPhone.
- To record you screen on iPhone see the tutorial here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207935