York University Faculty teaching a course with Moodle get access to the free TechSmithrelay (Camtesia) screen recorder.
- Request moodle: moodle.info.yorku.ca/instructor_resources
- Request TechsmithRelay (tie to a course and include a screen recorder feature)
- Upload screen recording: computing.yorku.ca
- Then navigate to computing faculty and staff > teaching and research > lecture recording at York > techsmithrelay
You can use the xBox live video capture screen recorder in Microsoft Windows
- To record a video using XBox live: https://support.xbox.com/ms-MY/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10
Loom is a free screen recording software that can be installed on both Mac and Windows computers.
- Install Loom: https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/install-loom
- Record your screen using the google chrome extension: https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/how-do-i-start-a-recording-with-the-chrome-extension
- Share the videos you record: https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/how-do-i-share-the-videos-ive-recorded
- View the videos you record. The Loom interface allows you to create and organize folders to store and view your videos at a later time. https://support.loom.com/getting-started/recording/folders