Thank you for your answers.
Based on the information provided you require Consent and a Release Form.
Some or all of the following may apply to your situation:
- Notice must be given and consent obtained when personal information is collected and stored digitally. The information contained in video records, as defined in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) is considered “personal information” when they contain “recorded information about an identifiable individual.”
- Notice should specify the principal purpose or purposes for which the video is intended to be used, and individuals should be afforded the opportunity to consent.
- Consent giving the right and permission to record the individuals affected can be given verbally or in writing.
- Release must be obtained for any recordings intended to be stored, shared and/or repurposed in the future. The details of how the recordings will be stored/retrieved must be provided.
- Video recordings must not be used or disclosed for purposes that were not identified in the original collection notice unless the individuals in the photographs or video or audio recordings have consented to the new use or disclosure.
- Any copyright protected material included in the video needs to be treated in accordance with the appropriate copyright protection rules.
- Although a release form can give permission to use video recordings in any context, remember to be especially mindful when sharing an assignment on a public platform or social media. York University provides some guidelines for responsible sharing:
- VPS: http://vp.students.yorku.ca/communications/social-media-terms-of-use
- YorkU social media guidelines: http://toolbox.info.yorku.ca/ppy_secure/digital-media/social-media-guidelines/
- YorkU social media directory: http://socialmedia.yorku.ca/
- YorkU President: https://president.yorku.ca/communication/media/guidelines/
Email Personalized Media Release Recommendation
Please provide your details below for your personalised media release recommendations summary.