Instructor or peer-made video of feedback with some editing
- The student made a video of a learned skill with their smartphone
- The Instructor and the student watched the video together so the instructor could give the student feedback
- The Instructor made a video of the feedback so the student can review it again later
- The Instructor pauses the video so they can “breakout” to reference other material
- Annotations can be comments, arrows, or circles used to highlight important parts of the video
For instructions on how to do it click here.
Digital Citizenship – Ethics and Privacy:
- Sensitive content is blurred in the video
- The student’s video was stored on Moodle for the course
- Moodle is a secure platform for sharing media
For more information on digital citizenship click here.
Thank you to Kai Ya Chang, Lorivie Balaquiau (Collaborative Nursing students, York University) and Dr. Iris Epstein (Assistant Professor in Nursing, York University) for giving permission to show their video as an example.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool available to York University Faculty. Faculty can get a standard account at York Universit by contacting email@example.com
Information and resources about Zoom are available here: https://yorku.zoom.us/
- Start an instant zoom meeting and share my screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLKpRxBfeD1kEM_I1lId3N_Xl77fKDzSXe&time_continue=11&v=-KnaWV_FT8I
- OR join a zoom meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=vFhAEoCF7jg
- OR schedule a meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=vFhAEoCF7jg
- Configure audio and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=HqncX7RE0wM
- Record a conference call: See “Screen Recording” FAQ
Google Hangouts is a video conferencing tool available for free from Google.
- Open an account. To use Google Hangouts, you need to make a google account. Click the link to learn more https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?hl=en
- Start a Hangout: https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3115553?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- OR start a video call: https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3110347?hl=en&ref_topic=6386410
- OR start a group conversation: https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3111943?hl=en&ref_topic=6386410
- Invite others to join my call: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6097610?hl=en
Skype is a free video calling interface.
- Set up an account: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12413/how-do-i-create-a-new-account-for-skype
- Schedule a call: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34876/how-do-i-schedule-a-call-in-skype
- OR answer a Skype call: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34859/how-do-i-answer-a-skype-call
- OR set up a group chat: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34799/how-do-i-create-a-group-chat-in-skype-on-desktop
- Screenshare: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34895/screen-sharing-in-skype
Discord is a free app for group chats and calls.
- Start a call on Discord: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/223657667-Group-Chat-and-Calls
Moodle can help facilitate class discussions and feedback online. Some suggestions to do so are listed below:
- Create a Forum in Moodle: https://moodle.info.yorku.ca/student_resources/students/documentation/using_forums/
- Use the survey/questionnaire (see polling FAQ)
- Blog in moodle.
- Create groups for students to respond to a particular video. Groups in moodle – https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Groups